Snapchat—as you teenage and millennial readers (majority of our readers) of SuperChillin might already be knowing full well—is a multimedia messaging app (as we've discussed about others here) used globally, created by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown, former students at Stanford University, and developed by Snap Inc., originally Snapchat Inc. Read on to learn more about making money off of the app.
What is Snapchat?
Snapchat is a multimedia messaging app used globally, created by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown, former students at Stanford University, and developed by Snap Inc., originally Snapchat Inc.
One of the principal features of Snapchat is that pictures and messages are usually only available for a short time before they become inaccessible to their recipients. The app has evolved from originally focusing on person-to-person photo sharing to presently featuring users' "Stories" of 24 hours of chronological content, along with "Discover", letting brands show ad-supported short-form content.
Snapchat has become known for representing a new, mobile-first direction for social media, and places significant emphasis on users interacting with virtual stickers and augmented reality objects. As of October 2019, Snapchat has 210 million daily active users.
Some of the terms users search for while trying to learn more about the ways of making money on Snapchat includes, “how to make money on snapchat as a guy, how to make a private snapchat and make money, snapchat how to make money, how to make money on snapchat with emojis, how is snapchat going to make money, how to make money from snapchat, how to make money snapchat premium, how to make money selling pics on snapchat, how to make money from snapchat story, how to make a private snapchat for money, premium snapchat, snapchat account, how does snapchat make money, snapchat viewer, snapchat for business, how to snapchat, premium snapchats, snapchat create account, money pics, view snapchat online, how to make money as a 13 year old, snapchat business, snapchat groups, how much is snapchat worth”
What are the features of Snapchat?
One of the core features of Snapchat is that pictures and messages are usually only available for a short time before they become inaccessible to their recipients. The app has evolved from originally focusing on person-to-person photo sharing to presently featuring users' "Stories" of 24 hours of chronological content, along with "Discover", letting brands show ad-supported short-form content.
Snapchat is primarily used for creating multimedia messages referred to as "snaps"; snaps can consist of a photo or a short video, and can be edited to include filters and effects, text captions, and drawings. Snaps can be directed privately to selected contacts, or to a semi-public "Story" or a public "Story" called "Our Story".
Private message photo snaps can be viewed for a user-specified length of time (1 to 10 seconds as determined by the sender) before they become inaccessible. Users were previously required to hold down on the screen in order to view a snap; this behavior was removed in July 2015. However, these notifications can be bypassed through either unauthorized modifications to the app or by obtaining the image through external means. One snap per day can be replayed for free. In September 2015, Snapchat introduced the option to purchase additional replays through in-app purchases. The ability to purchase extra replays was removed in April 2016.
How to make money off of Snapchat?
Snapchat has an insanely high business potential. You can leverage the connections that you make on Snapchat to make money online.
Snapchat is quite lucrative, especially if you are targeting generation Z, which forms at least 70% of the users. However, the older generations are also slowly adopting this platform.
Here we will explore more on Snapchat monetization ideas and how to make money on Snapchat as a method to make money online. But before that, ‘let’s look at how to grow your Snapchat account.
Tips for using Snapchat to build an audience:
• Use the other social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to invite and add your friends and personal contacts to Snapchat. Take advantage of your contacts on social sites and tease the kinds of exclusive content you will offer them if they follow you on Snapchat.
• Promote other people in Snapchat and chances are they will also follow you back for that.
• Use content and crowd marketing to put your Snapcode in posts and articles.
• Post to your story daily for at least 20 times but be careful not to overdo it.
• You can activate a coupon that offers a discount, promo code, or cashback.
• Convince other users to follow you; for example, you can get them from find friends of friends, social influencers, local celebrities and entertainers, and any other accounts that you like.
• Network on social media message boards where you and other members can exchange info, follow one another and help your respective stats to grow.
• Display your Snapcode to let the people on your friends’ list in other social media sites follow you on Snapchat. Alternatively, post your Snapcode publicly to let people follow you.
Hope you learnt something useful about the various ways to use Snapchat to make money. Be sure to keep checking SuperChillin for more awesome and informative content.
Subscribe to SuperChillin
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox